Join Kootenay Rockies Tourism and Destination BC in a new, national User-Generated Content Partner Network.
On January 9 at 11am MST, Destination BC and Crowdriff will be hosting a webinar to provide more information on the User-Generated Content (UGC) Partner Network.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- What is the UGC Partner Network and how can it benefit my organization?
- What is CrowdRiff and how can it support my organization’s content marketing efforts?
- How will I be able to easily feed user-generated content directly to Destination Canada, Destination BC and to regional and community destination marketing organizations by joining the network?
- How can I take advantage of the preferred co-op pricing that Destination Canada has secured for all Canadian tourism partners?
Important: please register in advance here:
What are the benefits of joining?
Easily feed UGC directly to Kootenay Rockies Tourism, Destination BC, and others in the network.
Access to CrowdRiff’s technology, including the ability to:
- Use advanced UGC image and video search capabilities;
- Create and manage photo galleries on your website;
- Display a user-generated photo wall at events;
- Upload, store, and organize visual content (including other content e.g. owned images or staff photos);
- Ask multiple users for permission to share their content with a click of a button (advanced feature);
- Add calls to action to UGC on your website galleries (advanced feature);
- Share a folder of content with people outside the network (advanced feature); and
- Access exclusive network pricing.
Locals and visitors are having remarkable experiences in BC and across Canada, and are sharing those stories with their networks through social media, creating powerful word-of-mouth marketing. Currently, many of us in the BC tourism network spend time curating this content to amplify through our online channels, often searching for similar content to share with the same or similar potential travellers, creating duplication of effort.
We’re excited to now share that we’ll be participating in the new cross-Canada User Generated Content (UGC) Partner Network, in partnership with Destination BC, Destination Canada and all other provinces and territories – plus other tourism marketing organizations or businesses like yours. This will allow us all to work together to streamline the way we source UGC, reducing duplication and allowing us to work together to find or “surface” the best BC content for use across all of our channels.
The network , powered by CrowdRiff, will allow any participating organization to easily feed user-generated content directly to Kootenay Rockies Tourism, Destination BC and/or community marketing organizations that are also participating. By joining, you’ll help surface the best content from your destination or business, so partners like us and Destination BC can amplify it across our global social media accounts. You’ll also be able to access special pricing for CrowdRiff that has been negotiated on behalf of all members of the tourism industry.
What happens when you join the network?
The UGC that you tag or ask permission for in CrowdRiff will be automatically visible to Destination Canada, Destination BC, Kootenay Rockies Tourism and any other relevant partner organizations in BC. The content that you upload to CrowdRiff (your owned photos and videos) will not be shared in the network initially. The is an opt-in feature that you may choose to add at a later time.
Examples of how you might use the network:
- Kootenay Rockies Tourism will be able to look through the curated photos from participating CDMOs to find great winter content. Our team will be able to quickly see what the local experts at CDMOs have selected as the best UGC content from their destination this season. This will save time and allow our audience to see the best experiences communities have to offer.
- If the participating community’s major attractions join the network, they will have a steady source of quality content they can curate and use to develop galleries on their website using CrowdRiff’s gallery feature.
- If a small business already uses a UGC rights management tool to source content, the photos they curated will automatically be shared with partner organizations when they join the network. This makes if far more likely they will be amplified by other accounts and seen by more potential travellers.
Who can join?
Anyone in the Canadian Tourism industry (or a related sector) may join the network.
What’s next? Join the webinar.
On January 9 at 11am MST, Destination BC will be hosting a webinar to provide more information on the User Generated Content Partner Network and answer any questions you might have. Register here.