Kootenay Rockies Tourism is looking for an energetic post-secondary student returning to school Fall 2017 to fill the role of the Marketing & Media Assistant position. This position offers exceptional hands-on career experience for those enrolled in a Marketing, Communications and/or Tourism degrees/diploma program. The successful candidate will be required to provide assistance to the following departments:
- Assist with the information on the KootenayRockies.com website as well as the online image bank.
- Assist with database entry of marketing partners.
- Assist in ongoing inventory of tourism businesses and products in the region.
- Assist with coordination of materials, registration and agendas for an annual regional tourism conference.
- Assist Social Media department as required.
Media Relations/Travel Trade Department
- Assist in the preparation of major travel media tradeshows and/or events as well as help with itinerary planning, press trip coordination, and associated follow-up.
- Aid in tracking press clippings/stories and enter into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Perform duties to support all efforts with travel media and travel trade.
General Office Duties and other Selection Criteria:
The successful candidate will also:
- Help maintain deadlines on projects for vacationing staff members.
- Possess a variety of computer, web and social media skills.
- Have strong communication skills and feel comfortable communicating with stakeholders and the public.
- Possess a skilled writing style and be able communicate professionally and fluently in English.
- Be able to work well independently and have excellent time management skills.
- Assist other departments with various duties as required.
Knowledge of British Columbia geography or tourism would be considered an asset
Compensation: Dependent upon experience and skill level, ~30 hrs/week, hours to vary week to week. Possible extension into Fall 2017 depending on applicant’s availability
Application Deadline: May 16, 2017
Apply with Resume and References to: Reception@KootenayRockies.com
Job Type: Apprenticeship
* As this position is subject to a 2017 Student Job Grant, candidates must be 15-30 years of age, and have been a full-time student during the past school year or planning to be a full-time student starting in the fall of 2017.