Kootenay Rockies Tourism is looking for an energetic person to fill the role of Project Coordinator on a permanent part-time basis. This position offers exceptional hands-on experience for those with a Marketing, Communications and/or Tourism degrees/diploma program background or an interest in the tourism industry. The successful candidate will be required to provide assistance to the following departments:
- Assist with website maintenance on KootenayRockies.com, WhatsYourRush.ca and Imagebank.KRTourism.ca
- Assist with database entry of marketing partners.
- Assist in ongoing inventory of tourism businesses and products in the region.
- Assist with coordination of materials, registration and agendas for an annual regional tourism conference.
- Assist Social Media department as required.
Media Relations/Travel Trade Department
- Assist in the preparation of major travel media tradeshows and/or events as well as help with itinerary planning, press trip coordination, and associated follow-up.
- Aid in tracking press clippings/stories and enter into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Perform duties to support all efforts with travel media and travel trade.
General Office Duties and other Selection Criteria:
The successful candidate will also:
- Help maintain deadlines on projects for vacationing staff members.
- Possess a variety of computer, web and social media skills.
- Have strong communication skills and feel comfortable communicating with stakeholders and the public.
- Possess a skilled writing style and be able communicate professionally and fluently in English.
- Be able to work well independently and have excellent time management skills.
- Assist other departments with various duties as required.
Knowledge of British Columbia geography or tourism would be considered an asset.
Compensation: Will be negotiable based on experience and skill level ~ 15-30 hours/week; hours to vary week to week. No weekend work required.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2017
Apply with Resume and References to: Reception@KootenayRockies.com